Monday, March 15, 2010

Shared Topic: To Armory or Not to Armory

I know, it's been a while, but it's me. I actually found a job for... all of two weeks [and it was terrible -- commission, worked from 10AM to 1AM... basically, no pay. I think it's the first and probably last time I'll actually be glad I got let go...].

Anyway though. Out of lack of too much too post, I'll go with a shared topic again.

If you were given the option, would you post a link to your blog on your main's armory profile?

Why/why not?

Presented by Anea as a part of Blog Azeroth's Shared Topic for the fifteenth of March.

Would I post my blog on WoW Armory? I don't think so. Why? Well, quite honestly it's because I sort of post about people I play with. Not a whole lot, but it's still there. While I try not to openly say 'this person sucks' or 'I'll never group with this person again', it's still a better idea to not have half the world knowing that I have a blog. People who stumble upon my blog, great! I welcome them.

People from Feathermoon who I don't know but are about to group with? Not as awesome. I know that as a part time blogger, I like finding other bloggers. I also know other people who feel differently. They'd rather not become a story on a blog, or even a casual reference. I don't blame them, really, I can see how that might be a bit intimidating, or lead to bad feelings, even if names were not mentioned.

That, and we're Feathermoon. We don't roleplay. (So everyone says, anyway.) So to find a writer / roleplayer? I'd probably be mocked by half of the server.

I'll pass on that.

So, I guess, all together the answer is no.

Nothing bad has happened from people not getting a direct link to my blog (nor has anything good), and I'm okay with that. Me and my tiny reader base will be fine staying just as we are.

That, and I feel a bit less pressure to find something interesting for EG every so often. Interesting being a shared topic, apparently, or a bit of roleplay story.

No comments: