Friday, March 7, 2008

Restoration Thoughts

So... why did you switch to Resto again? And what are your thoughts on the new 2.4 Mana regen changes? Do you think you'll be kicking even more butt healing in heroics?

Restoration has always been my off spec. I love to heal nearly as much as I like mangling faces. However, my issue has always been that healing is a far bigger role and, with it, carries bigger responsibilities than tanking. For me, I know I can tank. Heck, I know that I tank well. But with healing, I've always had a bit more of a "gack, I can't do it, I doubt my talent" thing, which was why I generally try to stick to feral (that, and feral makes farming quite a bit easier).

Ever since I've hit max level (both at sixty and, now, seventy), I've vacillated between restoration and feral, depending on the guild/raid/group's needs, but generally preferring to kitty over anything, then tanking, then resto (due to that little disorder). But here I am again, restoration, and slowly building up confidence in myself (although people dying on my watch still causes me to shrink, even if there was nothing I could do about it).

As for 2.4 mana changes... as a tree healer, one really shouldn't be starved for mana, and, therefore, I don't think it would be too drastic for us... and the rest of the changes, I won't whine about.

  • Lifebloom: The bonus coefficient on the final bloom effect has been reduced by 20%. This spell will no longer cause error messages when interacting with Spellsteal or while the Druid is under the effects of Mind Control.
  • Regrowth: The mana cost of this spell has been reduced by approximately 20%.
We hardly (well, shouldn't, anyway), let our Lifeblooms bloom, so it is perfectly fine for me (and I get most of my overheal from the bloom anyway, for when I am inattentive and accidentally let it bloom). (Congratulations for all of us restos (and ferals who supported restos) who petitioned against Blizzard and made them see that their initial nerf was absolutely ridiculous.) As for Regrowth, I'm quite happy. While I'm one to use Regrowth, it's not as often used as it could be, and the mana reduction will certainly give us more of an opportunity to use it.

[[ Took me long enough to get around to finishing this post. I am terrible at this... ]]

No comments: